Sunday 17 November 2013

The return of Alco - The 3D revolution

As the title suggests, the latest kit to be finished has been of the Ffestiniog Railway's Alco Mountaineer. I had one a while ago but frustaited with the poor running, I got rid of it. After regreting it for a while now, I managed to get a unbuilt kit from the 009 Society along with a suitable chassis. The only problem being that the cab was the eariler 1960s-1980s design, not the current version I wanted. So i decieded to remove the top half of the cab and replace it with a custom 3D printed one which included the top of the Oil tank. Its safe to say that it worked as intended which I'm very happy with. The rest of the kit fell together nicely and after a gap of about 18 months, I've got a Mountaineer again. This time with a much better running Chassis.

Mountaineer in its Black Scheme


 Also after getting hold of some more paint, I've finished off the 2 3D printed coaches in the current FR paint scheme along with most of the Earl's Green scheme.

Coaches 110, 117 and 123 in the platform/run round loop with the Earl on Shed and Mountaineer in the Headshunt

The 3D printed pair together

The Earl of Merioneth in Green

Cheers for looking,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment